Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How to Make Blueberry Sorbet (In a Food Processor)

Another product I made from the mass of organic blueberries I bought on sale at Whole Foods was blueberry sorbet.

I rinsed and dried 12 ounces of blueberries and froze them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. I put the berries in a food processor and pulsed until the berries were the size of small pebbles.


I then mixed ¼ cup of cold water with ¼ cup of organic raw cane sugar. When the sugar was dissolved, I poured the mixture into the food processor, with the blade running. The consistency became smoother, but it was still a little chunky. A little more water helped smooth it out nicely.


I put the mixture into a glass container and froze it until it was hard, about two hours.


Try the same recipe with bagged frozen fruit, including strawberries, mango, pineapple and raspberries.

No comments: