Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trix Aren't for Kids (or Anyone)

(Second of three parts)
In order to experience the total Yoplait Trix Yogurt sensory experience, I opened a container of the Watermelon Burst flavor.

Its two colors, a pink and a green, had a synthetic vibrancy that seemed better suited for a bright clown suit than for something edible. The texture was glutinous and thick, but not quite congealed. The smell was pungent, tangy and sweet, with overtones of chemicals. The odor did nothing to whet my appetite.

That being said . . .



For about two hours after I tasted the smidgen of Trix yogurt, my body was off-kilter. It was similar to a sugar rush, and just like the pink and green colors, there was definitely something synthetic (toxic?) about how I felt.

To complete my investigation, I called the toll-free number (1-800-967-5248) printed on the package. What followed was comical, to say the least.

(Tomorrow: My conversation with Matt, the customer service representative)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just gross

Chef Rob said...

And you didn't even taste it! More truly gross products in the coming weeks.

Anonymous said...

I never got a sugar rush from Trix yogurt as a kid

Kibbles said...

Hi Kibbles here,
I gave this shit to my kid and he got cancer.



I hope you get it too.