Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Documentary: "Food, Inc."

I saw the documentary “Food, Inc.” last night.

The good news is that my wife officially no longer thinks I am totally crazy.


The bad news is that not enough people will see this movie, which illustrates how all parts of our food system are controlled by a handful of self-serving multinational corporations.


The movie echoes much of what I have been championing for several years and does a great job addressing core issues.

Our industrial food complex is an intricate system that is hidden from public view. A seemingly innocuous package of chicken, beef or produce is far from innocuous. If more of us knew how our food is grown and produced (under the banner of safe and wholesome products) there would be a revolt.
Our future depends on all of us knowing.

I wish I were exaggerating, but through my work of teaching people how to buy and cook real food, I am witness to how our collective lack of food knowledge affects our health.

To see where “Food, Inc.” is playing, click here.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait to see this movie!

Unknown said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8129184.stm

maria said...

good post
راه اندازی کافی شاپ